Friday, May 13, 2011

Top 5 Go -To Blushes






Blush can completely change the way a face looks. Sometimes I will just add some mascara to my curled lashes and throw on some blush and chap stick and leave my house. Having that natural looking flush to your cheeks not only gives the look of healthiness, but also completes whatever look you're going for all together :) That being said, although I have way too many blushes to list here, I am going to share with you guys the ones that I find I am always reaching for. Regardless of season, these 5 blushes are all powder blushes, and cover all spectrum's of color from peach, natural, pink and fruit punch color! Lets get started (in no particular order, and allow me to apologize in advanced for the poor lighting. I am only able to take photos of swatches etc when I get home from work which is when the sun is already almost in hiding, I do my best though!) : 


From top to bottom:

1.  MAC Melba Blush

Melba is a Matte Peach colored Blush. I love that it is Matte because its hard to find a good blush that isn't overly shimmery. This blush goes on very pigmented and I use a light hand with it. 

2. NARS Orgasm

Who doesn't already know about NARS Orgasm right? lol This universally flattering pink/peach color is amazing. Its very build-able in my opinion, and although can be a bit sheer at first (swatch), It has just the right amount of shimmer in it to give you that perfect glow :) Definitely a must have in your makeup bag! A great dupe, which I own as well as a backup, is NYX powder blush in Pinched. This dupe is also VERY affordable, so its worth it to try the color out!

3. Lancome Blush Subtil in Rouge Glow

Right after I took these swatches, I realized that this color is no longer offered :( It is a mauvey/taupe color. VERY natural as you can tell from the swatch) I will however recommend any of the Lancome Blush Subtil colors. I have tried quite a few others and LOVE the formula of this product. My second favorite color aside from this would have to be Aplum or Rose Fresque :) Check them out: 

Aplum- deep rose color--Matte :)

Rose Fresque- a pinky peach color--Matte :)

4. Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Flushed

*This is not my photo* I decided against using the photo that I took because in all honesty, it just didn't show the true color of this blush, and being that it such an amazing color, I didn't want to cheapen it :) The color that you see in the pan is exactly what you get on your cheeks. A BEAUTIFUL fruit punchy color, this blush is very potent and long lasting for sure, which I love. I have used it several times and have seen no fading out of the engraved print on the top of the blush which makes me think this is going to last me a long time!
5. NYX Powder Blush in Pinky

I love this blush as an alternative to MAC's Dollymix. Dollymix is another wonderful color, however at less than half the price, I feel, you can't really go wrong with this one. This blush can be a little chalky but it doesn't have to look chalky on your face, its all about how you apply! I use a light hand with this one as well because it is very pigmented, that perfect bubble gum pink :)
 Well, there you have it guys, my Top 5 Go-To blushes. As you can see some of them are pretty similar, but what can I say, when I like a color, I really like it! haha Although some may seem almost identical, these blushes all apply differently on my skin, and that's how they made it to this list, their beauty. NYX and Milani are my favorite Drugstore blushes and for almost any blush that you find high end, there is a close dupe within these brands, so fear not if your budget doesn't include a $25 blush, those are "treats" for me as well :) Hope you enjoyed! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment