Friday, May 6, 2011

My Citrus Obsession Took Over My Face Routine :)

Those of you that may know me know that I am absolutely obsessed with any and everything citrus, mainly oranges lol I don't know when this started, but recently I have been on the search for anything citrus scented etc. When I came across this in my local beauty store, it was only the label that I saw, it was all sold out :( I took it upon myself to order it online and actually got two of these jars, needless to say I'm already due for another order!

This is what the packaging looks like, they are small jars, you read correctly, only 2 oz., but totally worth it, and I will explain why later.


The product comes in a glass jar with a metal screw on top. I like this because I keep it in my shower and its guaranteed sealed every time I shut it so the consistency doesn't get all yukky from the water.

When I initially opened the jar, I was taken aback. I couldn't believe what was before my eyes because it looked like mud! haha After trying it, it definitely feels like mud too, but I don't mind this at all. It smells super natural of course and actually feels GREAT on my face. I use this every day in the shower and one jar lasts me about two months! You only need a little to get that gentle scrub going and it leaves your skin feeling so soft. You want to mix it with a tiny bit of water just to get it into a paste form and that's it!

This product is 99.94% natural according to the website and here are the ingredients:

glycerin, prunus amygdalus dulcis (sweet almond) oil, prunus amygdalus dulcis (sweet almond) seed meal, avena sativa (oat) kernel flour, citrus aurantium dulcis (orange) peel powder, rosa damascena (rose) flower oil, carya illinoensis (pecan) shell powder, citrus grandis (grapefruit) seed extract, myristica fragrans (nutmeg) fruit powder, eugenia caryophyllus (clove) flower powder, citrus aurantium dulcis (orange) peel oil, tocopherol, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) extract, fragrance.

I would definitely recommend this to anyone who is looking for a natural safe way to cleanse your face with a little more "umph". It is gentle on the skin regardless of the fact that it is a coarse scrub. The sweet almond oil is I believe what makes your skin feel so smooth when you finish using this and this definitely wasn't drying as some of  my other face cleansers were. I am glad that my citrus addiction brought me to this product haha Although it doesn't smell heavily of oranges, it definitely smells natural and that's always a good thing :)

Pick this up if you get a chance and let me know if you like it! This product retails for about $8.00

xox

No comments:

Post a Comment