Wednesday, June 1, 2011

May Fashion/Beauty Favorites!


Here are a few of my fashion favorites for the month of May. These are all things that I have obsessively loved this month and thought that they were significant enough to share with you guys :)

1. J.CREW Tanks: These tanks are my favorite tank tops this spring! They are super comfy, as most JCrew tops are, and come in the cutest color stripes. I bought the two above and have worn them both already, layering them over a white or gray tank. These are definitely the kind of tanks you want to layer as they are that super awesome baggy fit, on myself at least. The cotton is super soft and they also have a cool zipper detail on the upper part of the back making them all that more interesting :)

2. Urban Outfitters Fedora: I am really big into fedoras as you all probably know from my previous fashion related blogs. This one however has been one that I have wearing weekly during this month of May. It just seems to go with a lot of what I wear on a daily basis so it is so easy to just grab it and go.

3. Lucky Brand Acacia Sandals: These sandals are amazing! I bought them on impulse at my local Macy*s one weekend before vacation and I thought hey if I don't like them when I get home I could always just return them. I say this because too many times do I love something in the store and then hate it when I get home lol Needless to say, these are definitely going to be a staple shoe of mine this summer. I LOVE the 70's boho vibe they give off with the chunky bottom, they are soft good quality leather and are SO comfy!! I wore them all day on vacation this past weekend and I was on my feet going up stairs walking through museums etc for almost 7 hours and not a blister or hurt in sight :) DEFINITELY recommend!

4. Ballerina Buns: Here I show a pic of Kourtney Kardashian sporting this look, one of my favorites as the warm humid weather comes upon us. I find that when it is hot and sticky (humid) out the last thing I want is hair on my neck, the thought of it just makes me hot! lol This is a simple yet put together way to get your hair off of your face and out of the way. It only requires bobby pins, hair ties, smoothing hair brush and hairspray and you are good to go. There are many levels on your head to wear this, I however wear it like this:

My casual version of the ballerina bun :)
5. Havaianas Slim Flip Flops: A girl can never have to many flip flops during the warm months in my opinion. They are almost the only shoe I wear in the summer/spring when being casual. The Havaiana Slim flip flop is my favorite because it is comfy, sleek & stylish and comes in a variety of colors to match any outfit!

Below are a few beauty related items that I found myself using over and over again this month :)


1. Yes to Carrots Daily Cream Facial Cleanser: I love this stuff! It moisturizes my dry skin and leaves my face looking great. I use it every other day in the shower and haven't had any irritation or anything like that so I am definitely pleased. The Yes to Carrots line has worked wonders for me so far and this is just another thing to add to the list of things I love. It has the consistency of a cold cream and a little bit is all you need which means this will be lasting me a while. The smell isn't strong like I have read from some other reviewers which makes me thing maybe they changed the formulation to take care of this problem.

2. NYC Smooth Skin Bronzer in Sunny: After hearing so many good things about this bronzer, I decided to give it a try. I saw it at my local target and at a little under $3 it was hard to not try. I absolutely love this bronzer, not only is it the perfect flush of light bronzer but it is something that I have found myself using daily, and that in itself says a lot! This may not be great for all skin tones as I have heard that it can appear a bit orangey on certain people, but for me it is perfect! I have other bronzers that are more than 8 times this price and don't look at great as this one. I have olive medium skin and this is definitely a light bronzer on me, but it is just enough for everyday use. I have my MAC Golden for when I need a more intense bronze. Give this a try asap!


3. Essie Nail Polish in Tangerine: I got this right before vacation this past weekend and it has quickly become one of my favorite spring/summer colors! It is a coraly deep orange color, almost completely matching my MAC lipstick in So Chaud. I love the way orange nails look with a nice golden tan :)

4. NYX Lipstick in Paris: This lipstick is another thing that I have found myself wearing at least 4 times a week this month. it is a creamy carnation pink color and looks amazing with nearly everything! It isn't shimmery or anything so it is perfect for everyday wear. I really like the NYX lipsticks because they are very pigmented, although I would always be sure to pack their lipsticks in my handbag because you are sure to have to reapply within the next few hours.

5. Yes To Carrots Carrot Lip Butter: I purchased this a few weeks back and this has already become my new favorite everyday lip balm. It has a citrusy scent that isn't too strong but refreshing. It goes on smooth and keeps my lips moisturized for the most part. I love again that it is from a paraben free, all natural company :)

4 comments:

  1. I want to try Yes To Carrots stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, you definitely should try some of their line! I have the Yes to Blueberries makeup remover wipes and the two products mentioned above and I am so pleased. You can find them at Target, that's where I get mine :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Havaianas too!

    I've heard some really good things about the Yes to Carrots brand...I might pick some stuff up at Target this weekend, especially because I'm on the lookout for good makeup remover wipes.

    http://beauty.adorability.org

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love flip flops as well.. They can basically go with anything. And i have to try yes to carrots


    http://allaroundchick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete