As a Nanny, I am constantly at the pool with the kids. Along with packing individual bags for all of them, I like to pack a bag for myself that will assure nothing is left behind and my hot trip to the pool will happen with ease :) Above are some of my "pool/beach bag essentials". These are what work for me and these are what I always try to make sure I have in my handy dandy bag.
What's Listed Above:
- A peek at my insulated lunch bag--this comes in handy to keep things like my snacks and my water bottle/tumbler cold for the duration of my day.
- My tumbler--I fill this entirely with ice and only an inch or so of actual water. I add two slices of lemon, personal preference, and it lasts me the whole day and the water is always cold!
- Sunscreen--For these, I alternate between my Alba Botanica Natural Hawaiian Sunscreen SPF 45 which can be found here or my Yes to Cucumbers which can be found here I love that they both offer great protection without the harsh chemicals. They're paraben and cruelty free ;) Along with this I always use an SPF lip balm--your lips can easily burn too ya know :)--the one I am using now is the Yes to Carrots Sweet Fig Lip Butter with SPF 15, you can read about it here.
- Paul Mitchell Moisture Mist Hydrating Spray--can be found here --this stuff is awesome because it sprays on your skin and has hydrating properties to keep dry (which can happen in the sun) skin, moist. It is super refreshing after laying out to just spray some on your skin and hair!
- A hair tie or clip to keep your hair away from your face is always a good idea!
- I normally wear a fedora to the pool/beach. I also stay under the shaded umbrella whenever available. At 25, I am more aware now of the damage that comes with sun exposure in long periods. I have been to the pool over 15 times this summer and I have no tan lines---because the sun doesn't stand a chance with me lol Protection now will lead to beauty later =D
- A fun patterned large beach towel (this one in the photo I bought years ago from Kohl's).
- Your favorite sunnies for protection for those beautiful eyes of yours! (these are Tom Ford-I never wear them, EVER lol but my favorites were in the car at the moment)
- A healthy little snack (I bring these Fiber One granola bars or one of my "100 Calorie Packs" of guacamole and some tortillas)
- Last but not least, bring something to keep you occupied in down time. I like bringing magazines or a good book. I refrain from bringing any of my electronic readers because pool water and beach sand don't mix well with those ;)
Fun in the Sun,