Monday, February 18, 2013

Hair Curling Madness: Photos with 7 different curling tools!

Curling my hair is one of my favorite ways to wear it. As a girl who grew up with straight hair, I always wanted the opposite, but of course, haha Curling irons weren't a friend of mine as a child---looking back I always looked like curly Sue or a poodle, but hey at the moment I thought I looked cute :) As a young woman, there are more things within my reach to achieve all sorts of curls and looks and I am so thankful that my hair is fairly easy to curl after all, I RARELY even use hairspray! Here are some of the treasures that I hold in my hair cabinet--some look funky, some are considered "vintage" since they aren't even available for purchase anymore and one is actually something I "made" myself ;) Take a look for yourself and enjoy!

Tools: 
WAVERFINAL
Revlon Deep Waver
 

VIDALFINAL
Vidal Sassoon VS 027 -Photo of curling iron taken from MakeupAlley.com

SPIRALFINAL
Conair 3/4 inch Spiral Curling Iron

NUMEFINAL
25mm NUME Curling Wand

INFINITIFINAL
Conair Infiniti Curling Wand

HANDMADEFINAL
Hot Tools 1 & 3/4 in curling iron. To achieve this curl I used the iron pictured but I took off the clamp on mine making it into a wand :)

CONAIRFINAL
Conair Ceramic 1 inch Curling Iron
Curling Products

hairspray
Tresemme Tre-Two Hairspray and Big Sexy Hair Spray and Play Hairspray
protect
It's A 10 Miracle Leave in Product and Tresemme Heat Tamer Spray
If you have ever seen a photo of me with my hair curled it was most definitely either the Conair Infiniti, NUME Curling wand or my handmade Hot Tools :) I also do my hair pretty often with my Conair Hot Rollers--For photos of me using those be sure to follow me on twitter where I always link all of my impromptu photos ;) @alyseap

Let me know if you all want to see a more detailed post on how I get my "go to" waves. 

Which curling irons/wands/contraptions are your favorites?

I love curls, oh yes I do!

xox

6 comments:

  1. Just what I need so I know which curlers I want instead of buying and testing them out.
    So many different curls I can't wait to get my hands on some of these.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right?! I always wished I had come across a post like this so I went ahead and did it :)

      Delete
  2. I love this post! You can really see the difference in each curl, I was wanting to try the first one just because it seems as if it would be less time consuming also the hot tools 3/4 curl I really like too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melissa! The Hot Tools is a 1&3/4in. curling iron OR a 2 in. one--can you believe I don't actually know, it's so old! Also, the first one, the deep waver is great--it creates more of a crimped look--check out this post I did two christmas' back to see what it looks like in person :)

      http://alyseap.blogspot.com/2012/01/my-fashions-of-holidays-new-years-xmas.html

      I am wearing it in my "new years eve" photo---its not that clear but I think you will be able to see what I mean :) The only drawback to using the deep waver is that it is SO heavy!!! :(

      Delete
  3. Great post!! I love to curl my hair but don't too it too often because even though the curls come out good, they never stay that way longer than a hour. I've tried different products and its still the same thing. Do you haven any secrets?

    Your curls are really pretty! I have the Deep Waver (but from Hot Tools), the Conair Infiniti Wand, the Hot Tools curling iron and the Conair Ceramic one too!!! I think my favorite ones are the Hot Tools curling iron and the Conair Ceramic.

    I've been following you on twitter, for a while (I think) and realized I never checked out your blog. So Im following :))

    Kelly
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Kelly, yes we follow one another on twitter it appears :)

      As far as secrets to keeping curls last in your hair--I personally just have really easy to curl hair and with the wands, the curls last two days with NO hairspray or anything---with an iron, this isn't the case though--I don't exactly know what the exact difference is with this but yeaa that's how it works for me.

      The only thing I can think of would be maybe "setting" your curls? By this I mean curling them and then pinning them up until they cool.

      Is your deep waver as heavy as mine? It feels like my arm is going to fall off! haha I love my Hot Tools curling iron turned wand as well :)

      xox

      followed you back!

      Delete