Peppermint Bark requires NO baking and you can even do it with children, which is another thing I absolutely love. It pleases a lot of different people because its not too overpowering and has something most (minus myself!) love, chocolate.
Here's the super simple "recipe" I used---way too easy for me to even think of this as a recipe haha:
Things you will need:
*Small Baking Pan (or large if you're going for a larger amount)
*2 16 oz. packages of chocolate morsels--NEVER bake with chocolate you wouldn't eat alone (good quality chocolate)--it just comes out bad. For this you can mix white and milk chocolate or do all of one etc. Totally up to you! This amount makes enough for a small baking pan. Adjust accordingly
*Peppermint Candy Canes or Candies
*optional*--Cute Treat Tin
1. Line your baking tin with parchment paper, this makes it so easy to get the chocolate out after it's done.
2. Melt your chocolate in the microwave. I did one minute, stirred it and then did one final minute and it was perfect! You want to melt them separately.
3. In the meantime, grab a food storage bag/plastic bag and put about two handfuls of the peppermint candy inside. Place this bag on top of a cutting board and begin banging away. I used my rolling pin and it worked wonders. WARNING: The bag can tear a little if you go "Incredible Hulk" on it so beware and if you feel like you want to be extra safe, double bag them :)
4. After the chocolate for the first layer is smoothly melted, spread it around the bottom of the pan with a rubber spatula or wooden spoon. Try to get as even a layer as possible and smooth it down really well. Place this in your refrigerator for about 20 mins or until nice and hardened. --While you are waiting for this, go ahead and melt your white chocolate morsels :)
6. Grab your decorative holiday tin and line the bottom with tissue paper. On top of the tissue paper (just on the bottom layer) line that with a rectangle of parchment paper. (this makes sure you don't have tissue paper directly on your food product.)
8. Tape two candy canes on top and slap a bow on and you're set to go! This makes a great gift, is SO inexpensive to make and literally can be done without ever turning on your oven, does it get any better than that? Not to mention that I am not even a chocolate lover, but this my dears is delicious! I will be making this for a holiday party I am attending this weekend, and I can't wait to see how everyone likes it!
To stress-free & yummy Holiday treats,