With the fall weather approaching, there are a few key things to keep in mind when it comes to skin care.
1. The cooler air and the heat you may be forced to blast in your car as the nights get rather brisk, are two things that can severely dry out your skin! Be sure to alter how much you moisturize to compensate for this, no one likes dry crackly skin.
2. Remember to also maintain using SPF in your skincare somewhere. Just because you don't see or feel the sun, doesn't mean its harmful rays don't exist!
3. What did you all do this summer? Probably something that consisted of loads of sunscreen from sunbathing and makeup for those fun warm nights out on weekends right? Well now is the time, as the weather is changing and those warm nights are coming to an end, to exfoliate your skin and do a nice deep cleanse. You want to make sure you dig deep down in your pores to remove any excess residue left behind from this warm humid summer season.
That all being said, there are a few fun ways to incorporate one of my favorite sights to see in the fall, Pumpkins, into your daily beauty routine! :)
Vitamins A & C are collagen building and Zinc is a great helper to fight off those blemishes, and guess what?! these things are all found in pumpkins!
Here is a QUICK and super EASY recipe for a killer pumpkin treat for your lovely skin :
1. Firstly, you want to carve out the seeds from your pumpkin.
2. Slice your pumpkin into smaller pieces and peel the skin off.
3. Place these pumpkin pieces into a steamer or colander (whatever you have on hand), and steam over some boiling hot water for about 45-50 mins (pretty much until tender, which you can make sure of with your fork!)
4. After the pumpkin pieces are nice and tender, puree them in your food processor.
5. Let this puree mix cool off, after all we don't want to place something super hot on our faces! haha
-2 Tsp. of the cooled pumpkin puree
-1/2 tsp honey (I use organic honey because remember this is going to be absorbed into your skin!)
-1/4 tsp milk
-1/2 tsp. brown sugar (this adds to make a wonderful exfoliant!)
* if you have oily skin, leave out the brown sugar and use 1/4 tsp. apple cider vinegar, it works wonders ;)
Leave this mask on for 10-15 mins, rinse off, pat dry with towel and you are on your way to better looking skin, in just 15 mins! :)
Another quick treat for your skin, that is so delicious sounding you may want to eat it! :
1. In a food processor or blender, combine 2 cups canned pumpkin, 4 tablespoons low-fat vanilla yogurt, 4 tablespoons honey, and 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice.
2. Slather this on your entire face, leaving your eyes out as always (they are super delicate!).
3. Leave this on for 10 minutes and then proceed to rinse as normal and pat dry.
A Great body exfoliant:
1/2 cup pureed pumpkin
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Combine all of the above ingredients and while in the shower, take a moist washcloth and proceed to scoop a table spoon at a time and scrub this all over your body starting by your feet and stopping at your neck. (we use the other scrub above for the face :)
2. Be sure to work this into your skin in circular motions.
3. Rinse this off with warm water and I guarantee your skin looks and feels amazing!
While doing research and testing these scrubs and masks out myself, I found that pumpkin really works wonders on the skin, no it's not only good for making jack-o-lanterns and making your front steps look pretty. I always love finding ways to use all natural ingredients in my beauty regimen because what you put in and on your body is what you get out of it. If you want radiant healthy skin, eat healthy and use healthy beauty products right? :)
Hope you all have a wonderful start to the fall season, and to any of my readers who are still enjoying wonderful weather for the next couple of months, I envy you! haha
Pumpkin Patches and Beautiful Faces,