Here is the rundown on how to get these burgers:
When using 1 lb. and depending how large you like your burgers, you can get roughly 4-5 burgers. I used a little more than 1 pound and I got 6 rather large burgers, portion size is up to you! :)
- 1 lb. lean ground turkey (we always look to purchase the most lean meat offered, better for you!)
- 1.5 teaspoons of freshly minced garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped onion (chop these small so that you don't get that rude awakening as you bite into a large piece of onion! haha
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 chipotle chile peppers still in the adobo sauce (these can be found usually in the spanish food aisle of your supermarket)--you want to finely chop these up to add to your meat mixture
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Season the meat with a little adobo powder (goya) if you don't have this just add 1 tsp. garlic powder and 1 tsp. onion powder in addition to your salt and pepper.
- Slices of any cheese of your liking, we chose mozzarella and it was delicious! Use whatever cheese you have on hand!
- Your hamburger buns
Once you are happy with the seasoning of your meat, divide it to be formed into burger patties. This is a trick I use to ensure that almost every burger is of a uniform size:
Once you form them into the pattie size you want, grill them over medium-high heat until they are cooked to your liking. I like to slice a little hole in the middle of the largest one to take a peek inside to assure that it is cooked thoroughly, we don't want anyone getting sick here! haha To give you a rough time it should take about 4-5 minutes per side before you flip for them to be cooked well enough. A minute or so before you are finished cooking them, add the cheese that you chose and as that melts down, you are finished!
Before I was able to capture a photo of what the finished product looked like for these, they were devoured! Shows you how good they came out right?! lol