1 ½ cups flour
½ cup granulated sugar
½ cup packed light brown sugar
½ cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
½ cup Nutella
¼ tsp. salt
½ tsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. baking soda
1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Yields Approx: 25 cookies
- Mix together the butter with an electric mixer or a whisk (my favorite) until everything is incorporated and a smooth consistency.
- Next put in your brown sugar and your white sugar and mix those very well until the consistency of the mixture is light and airy.
- Now you are going to add in that egg. If you are using an electric mixer be sure to have it on a low speed so you don't get splattered! Also add your vanilla at this time and then the Nutella!
- In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Add these ingredients to wet ingredients, and mix on low speed until incorporated.
- Fold in the chocolate chips now, bringing up the mixer speed to medium at this point.
- Now it's time to make the cookie rounds! Take about teaspoon full and roll them into little balls. I use a cookie scooper to do this with ease and to assure the same size cookies, after all presentation is key remember! :) ** A trick I read online somewhere was to put the dough in the freezer after rolled into the cookies for about 10 mins or so before baking to prevent them from becoming so spread out, I don't know how well this works per-say, because I haven't really ever tried these cookies without doing it lol BUT I say what the heck why not? :)
- I baked my cookies about 8 minutes (Remember I put them in the freezer before hand, if you didn't maybe drop the time by 2 mins).
- Let your cookies cool and then serve them up with a big glass of milk! YUM!
Nutella isn't just a spread after all,